CARPENTERS TRAINING COMMITTEE FOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA (CTCNC): ANNOUNCEMENT OF POTENTIAL OPENING FOR CARPENTER APPRENTICESHIP INSTRUCTOR at CALPIA Folsom, CA
The Carpenters Training Committee for Northern California (CTCNC) is presently opening the application procedure for the position of Pre-apprenticeship Instructor. This process is intended to identify an instructor for the California Prison Industry Authority (CALPIA) located at the Folsom Prison, Folsom, CA.
INSTRUCTOR APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Please review the attached Position Description, Qualifications & Requirements, and Additional Desired Abilities. If you believe you would be a good candidate for a Carpenter Instructor, and you are able to comply with these qualifications and requirements, we invite you to make application.
How to Apply
Please submit the following two (2) documents no later than November 21, 2014 - which is the close of this application period. Documents postmarked after November 21, 2014 will not be considered.
1. A single (1) page resume that includes the following information in this order please:
• Your contact information (i.e. Name, UBC Member ID#, Local Union #, Address, Phone #'s, email Address, etc.)
• Your educational background (i.e. high school through any post-high school training and/or other education)
• A brief summary of your work history-highlighting any supervisory experience.
• Any additional personal pursuits or involvements you would consider relevant for consideration
2. A current Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) printout of your driving record.
Instructor Wage Rates & Benefits
CALPIA Instructor wages and benefits are based on the applicable foreman wage and fringe benefit rate contained in the NCCRC's Carpenter Master Agreement. This position is based on 36 hours per week.
What You Can Expect Next:
After the close of the application period you will be contacted, by phone indicating if you have or have not qualified for advancement to the next phase of our application procedure. If you have qualified, and prior to being invited to the next phase of our interview process, you will be required to sign a "Certificate of Non-Disqualification" statement acknowledging that, within the past thirteen (13) years, you have not been convicted of a felony, or imprisoned for any offenses listed in the documents. Due to the short time frame you may either mail, fax or email your resume.
Return Application Documents To
CALPIA Instructor Selection Committee
Carpenters Training Committee for Northern California
2350 Santa Rita Road
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Fax: (925) 462-8593 or email email@example.com
CALPIA Position Description, Qualifications, Requirements, and Desired Abilities
POSITION TITLE: Carpenter Apprenticeship Instructor for California Prison Industry Authority
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the CALPIA Workforce Development Branch (WDB) Administrator:
• Provide both classroom and practical instruction to inmates.
• Maintain discipline and custodial control, including inmate counts, of assigned inmates during schooling hours.
• Adapt appropriate methods and devices of teaching to meet the needs of the participating inmates consistent with prescribed curriculum. Provide and guide participants through all written curriculum materials.
• Maintain, emphasize, and enforce safe and secure working conditions and practices. Must adhere to and follow all security guidelines for the facility.
• Prepare all necessary CALPIA Industry Employment (IEP) documents for the Pre-Apprenticeship program to ensure that course objectives and goals are met.
• Supervise construction projects to evaluate the level of inmate knowledge and understanding of the carpenter’s trade.
• Maintain proper management of facilities and daily tool and equipment accountability.
• Maintain and update professional knowledge and skills as a tradesperson and Carpentry Instructor, including obtaining a Vocational Educational Credential from the state of California.
· Carpenter instructors are subject to CDCR California Code of Regulations (CCR’s) Title 15 requirements including mandatory institution training requirements.
· Act as a liaison between the CALPIA Pre-Apprenticeship Program and the CTCNC to ensure course objectives and goals are met.
· Provide other consultation services as requested by the Workforce Development Branch (WDB) Administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• You must have a High School Diploma, a GED, or equivalent.
Trade Experience Qualification
You must have seven (7) years of verifiable employment in a UBC trade as a Journeyperson under an appropriate United Brotherhood of Carpenters (UBC) recognized Collective Bargaining Agreement. Four (4) successful years in an approved Joint Labor-Management Carpentry Apprenticeship Program will be acceptable in lieu of four (4) years of Journey level experience.
A minimum of seven (7) years of above-described trade experience must have occurred in the last ten (10) years.